Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Monday...

Today was Monday, I hate Mondays. After two busy days “off” I always feel farther behind on Monday than I did on Friday. Then to top it off I have a 7:30 a.m. staff meeting which, by the way, usually goes until 8:30 which is same time the buses are pulling up in front of school.

So today was a typical Monday until…I saw Mike coming up the sidewalk, unlike my other three students who have the same opinion of Mondays, he is not walking but running up the side walk with a big smile on his face. He is really happy to be here, not just happy – he is excited. Its Monday, there is no reason to really be excited right?

Then I start thinking about it and realize that Mike doesn’t really have the same concept of Monday and all the burdens that adults carry with the beginning of the week. Mike’s life revolves around a schedule, things happen in a certain order and when things are going according to the “schedule” all is well in his world.

Lesson Learned: It’s Monday, and "that’s okay" because that means everything is going according to schedule.

Maybe I will stop dreading Monday and start embracing it. Maybe if rather than slowing walking the sidewalk dreading the pile of work on my desk and meetings that I have to attend, I will run (well okay maybe walk quickly) with a smile on my face. Why, well not only does it mean everything is the way it should be but also becasue Monday's really aren't all that bad, it is Library and Movie Day after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment